The more we know about how Parkinson’s progresses, the better we can tailor treatments for people living with the condition. Better measurement of symptoms also means more efficient and less expensive ways of testing new treatments in clinical trials.
Parkinson's Apps and Devices Rating Scale (MARS-PARK)
There are numerous apps and devices being used to measure Parkinson’s, however not all provide clear information on what they are measuring and how that measurement relates to the specific and individual symptoms of Parkinson's.
Parkinson’s is different for everyone and our hope is that you will be able to help us understand which apps and devices are the most user- friendly and importantly, provide the most relevant information about aspects of your Parkinson's. To achieve this we have adapted the Mobile Application Rating Scale (MARS) developed by the Queensland University of Technology (with their consent), so that we can provide invaluable feedback on the use of different technology in the Parkinson’s arena.
Do you currently use an app to measure your PD? What do you measure? How often do you use the app? We would like to hear from you!
If you use an app to measure your PD, please take a few moments to rate the app using MARS-PARK our Parkinson's apps and devices rating scale. In order to submit the rating scale directly to us using the purple submit button in the top right corner, before you complete it you will need to:
- Download the PDF
- Save the PDF and then close it
- Re-open the PDF from your folders
The PDF link is here - Parkinson's Apps and Devices Rating scale (MARS-PARK).
Alternatively, you can print the form, complete it manually and email to Leah.
Thank you for contributing to this technology assessment.
- The more we know about how Parkinson’s progresses, the better we can tailor treatments for people living with the condition. Better measurement of symptoms also means more efficient and less expensive ways of testing new treatments in clinical trials. Parkinson's Apps and Devices Rating Scale (MARS-PARK) There are numerous apps and devices…
- At our patient advocate Rallying to the Challenge Meeting in 2014 it was unanimously agreed in the value of developing a clinical trials charter to significantly improve communication between those taking part in trials and those running clinical trials. The Charter was developed by people living with Parkinson's and clinicians…
- There are a huge number of apps that have been developed that can be useful for measuring Parkinson's. Some have been created by people living with Parkinson's, some by software developers, some by doctors, and some for other purposes entirely. Here at Parkinson's Movement we are going through the process…